Saturday, October 29, 2016

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

sky paintings

 Using the same painting for both shots

Iteration of night sky

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Tileable hallway floor piece

Ten's furniture

Some information on the furniture in Ten's room that I used to help the texture team. But I figured I should post it here too, for ease of access.

Ten's eyebrows

So yup, more work on Ten. These are his new less perfect darker eye brows. There are some problems with both the alembic file and the UVs or something. I need to talk to Dylan about the eyelashes (area) and talk to Trevor about the alembic stuff (that's the fun picture at the bottom)

Hallway Update

I've updated all the hallway assets. They UVs should be ready to go as is, and I cleaned up the reference stuff in Maya. I'm not sure how the door ways will change and how those assets will integrate. So I think we should only work on assets separately in Houdini. (ex: just the tapestries or shell or statues). Then when the other stuff is finalled we can update and create the entire combined asset (which may not work well anyways, if the dial room is any example)

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Monday, October 3, 2016

Grass Fix

Changing Height of Grass:
Dialroom_Center_Landscape > Enable Editing of Contents > Landscape shop > Grass_procedural > Find Displacement node > change 'scale amount' (default 3)
*Note, the smaller the 'scale amount' the shorter the grass will be

Change the Distance the Grass renders:
In the Out Mantra node > Rendering (tab) > Dicing (Sub tab) > Up 'Z-Importance'
*Note, this 'z-importance' should never be bellow 0 and as the number increase it increases the distance from the camera that the displacement is calculated. Also increasing this number dramatically increases render times. So make sure you only increase it as needed and carefully gauge how far away you need the displacement to show up.

What I did to fix the grass in this shot:
Alrighty. For this fix I changed the height of the grass (scale amount) to 1, and upped the z_importance to 6. Please come talk to me if you have any questions about this.

animated door